Dinner Speaker Program 2018-2019
Canadian Club of Halton proudly presenting our 33rd season.
• Thursday, January 24 – Peter Hohenadel – Former Director, Agriculture and Food The Royal Agricultural Winter Fair – “My 12-Minute Walk To The Country: Cross-Cultural Perspectives on Agriculture and Food” Click for details.
• Thursday, February 21 – Teresa (Terry) Bennett, MD, FRCPC, PhD – Assistant Professor, McMaster University; Child Psychiatrist, McMaster Children’s Hospital; Co-Director, McMaster Autism Research Team
• Thursday, March 21 – Dr. Brian Goldman, MD, MCFP(EM), FACEP – ER Doctor at Mount Sinai Hospital, CBC Radio Host, Healthcare Pundit – “The Power of Kindness: Why Empathy Is Essential in Everyday Life”
• Thursday, April 25 – Dolf DeJong, Chief Executive Officer – Toronto Zoo; Former Vice President & General Manager – Vancouver Aquarium Marine Science Centre
• Thursday, October 24 – David Galbraith, Ph.D., FRCGS Head of Science, Royal Botanical Gardens
• Thursday, November 21 – Terry Fallis, winner of numerous awards for his novels including two Stephen Leacock Memorial Medals for Humour, in 2008 for his debut novel The Best Laid Plans and in 2015 for No Relation. His 7th book, If At First You Succeed, is due to be released in late summer 2019.
Location: Oakville Conference Centre, 2515 Wyecroft Road (QEW & Bronte)
Registration/Cash Bar 6:00 pm; Dinner 7:00 pm
Members $40; Non-Members $50