Dinner Speaker Program 2018-2019
Canadian Club of Halton proudly presenting our 33rd season.
• Thursday, February 21 – Teresa (Terry) Bennett, MD, FRCPC, PhD – Assistant Professor, McMaster University; Child Psychiatrist, McMaster Children’s Hospital; Co-Director, McMaster Autism Research Team “Learning from Children and Families Affected by Autism Spectrum Disorder” Click for details.
• Thursday, March 21 – Dr. Brian Goldman, MD, MCFP(EM), FACEP – ER Doctor at Mount Sinai Hospital, CBC Radio Host, Healthcare Pundit – “The Power of Kindness: Why Empathy Is Essential in Everyday Life” Click for details.
• Thursday, April 25 – Dolf DeJong, Chief Executive Officer – Toronto Zoo; Former Vice President & General Manager – Vancouver Aquarium Marine Science Centre
• Thursday, September 26 – Darrell Bricker, PhD – CEO, Ipsos Public Affairs; Author of five national best-selling books including his latest, Empty Planet: The Shock of Global Population Decline (February 2019)
• Thursday, October 24 – David Galbraith, Ph.D., FRCGS Head of Science, Royal Botanical Gardens
• Thursday, November 21 – Terry Fallis, winner of numerous awards for his novels including two Stephen Leacock Memorial Medals for Humour, in 2008 for his debut novel The Best Laid Plans and in 2015 for No Relation. His 7th book, If At First You Succeed, is due to be released in late summer 2019.
• January 23 – D’Arcy Jenish, Journalist and Author – The Making of the October Crisis: Canada’s Long Nightmare of Terrorism at the Hands of the FLQ (Doubleday Canada, September, 2018)
• April 23 – J.D.M. (James) Stewart – Canadian History Teacher at Bishop Strachan School; Author of Being Prime Minister – captivating and humorous stories about the daily lives of Canada’s prime ministers
Location: Oakville Conference Centre, 2515 Wyecroft Road (QEW & Bronte)
Registration/Cash Bar 6:00 pm; Dinner 7:00 pm
Members $40; Non-Members $50