Dinner Speaker Program 2018-2019
Canadian Club of Halton proudly presenting our 34th season.
• Thursday, September 26 – Darrell Bricker, PhD – CEO, Ipsos Public Affairs; Author of five national best-selling books including his latest, Empty Planet: The Shock of Global Population Decline
• Thursday, October 24 – David Galbraith, Ph.D., FRCGS Head of Science, Royal Botanical Gardens – “Natural and Cultural Heritage in our Landscape: Connecting People, Plants and Stories at RBG”
• Thursday, November 21 – Terry Fallis, winner of numerous awards for his novels including two Stephen Leacock Memorial Medals for Humour, in 2008 for his debut novel The Best Laid Plans and in 2015 for No Relation. His 7th book, Albatross, is due to be released in late summer 2019.
• Thursday, January 23 – D’Arcy Jenish, Journalist and Author – The Making of the October Crisis: Canada’s Long Nightmare of Terrorism at the Hands of the FLQ (Doubleday Canada, September, 2018)
• Thursday, March 19 – Geoff Fernie CM, PhD, PEng, CEng, FCAHS – Creaghan Family Chair in Prevention and Healthcare Technologies, Department of Surgery, University of Toronto and Toronto Rehabilitation Institute – University Health Network
• Thursday, April 23 – J.D.M. (James) Stewart – Canadian History Teacher at Bishop Strachan School; Author of Being Prime Minister – captivating and humorous stories about the daily lives of Canada’s prime ministers
Location: Oakville Conference Centre, 2515 Wyecroft Road (QEW & Bronte)
Registration/Cash Bar 6:00 pm; Dinner 7:00 pm
Members $40; Non-Members $50