Dinner Speaker Program 2019-2020
Canadian Club of Halton proudly presenting our 34th season.
• Thursday, November 21 – Terry Fallis, winner of numerous awards for his novels including two Stephen Leacock Memorial Medals for Humour, in 2008 for his debut novel The Best Laid Plans and in 2015 for No Relation. His 7th book, Albatross, was released this August and quickly hit the Canadian best seller list. More information
• Thursday, January 23 – D’Arcy Jenish, Journalist and Author – The Making of the October Crisis: Canada’s Long Nightmare of Terrorism at the Hands of the FLQ (Doubleday Canada, September, 2018) More information
• Thursday, February 20 – Ted Barris – Award-Winning Journalist, Author, and Broadcaster with his latest book Rush to Danger: Medics in the Line of Fire
• Thursday, March 19 – Geoff Fernie CM, PhD, PEng, CEng, FCAHS – Creaghan Family Chair in Prevention and Healthcare Technologies, Department of Surgery, University of Toronto and Toronto Rehabilitation Institute – University Health Network
• Thursday, April 23 – J.D.M. (James) Stewart – Canadian History Teacher at Bishop Strachan School; Author of Being Prime Minister – captivating and humorous stories about the daily lives of Canada’s prime ministers
Dinner Speaker Program 2020-2021
Canadian Club of Halton proudly presenting our 35th season.
• Thursday, September 24, 2020 – Anna Porter, OC, OOnt – Writer, Publisher, Consultant – In Other Words: How I Fell in Love with Canada One Book at a Time
• Thursday, October 22 – TBD
• Thursday, November 19 – Jill Heinerth, FRCGS – Explorer-in-Residence, Royal Canadian Geographical Society; Underwater Photographer; Author of Into The Planet: My Life as a Cave Diver
Location: Oakville Conference Centre, 2515 Wyecroft Road (QEW & Bronte)
Registration/Cash Bar 6:00 pm; Dinner 7:00 pm
Members $40; Non-Members $50