Dinner Speaker Program 2019-2020
Canadian Club of Halton proudly presenting our 34th season.
• Thursday, January 23 – D’Arcy Jenish, Journalist and Author – The Making of the October Crisis: Canada’s Long Nightmare of Terrorism at the Hands of the FLQ (Doubleday Canada, September, 2018) More information
• Thursday, February 20 – Ted Barris – Award-Winning Journalist, Author and Broadcaster with his latest book Rush to Danger: Medics in the Line of Fire (longlisted for the 2020 RBC Taylor Prize for Non-Fiction) More Information
• Thursday, March 19 – Geoff Fernie CM, PhD, PEng, CEng, FCAHS – Creaghan Family Chair in Prevention and Healthcare Technologies, Department of Surgery, University of Toronto and Toronto Rehabilitation Institute – University Health Network
• Thursday, April 23 – J.D.M. (James) Stewart – Canadian History Teacher at Bishop Strachan School; Author of Being Prime Minister – captivating and humorous stories about the daily lives of Canada’s prime ministers
Dinner Speaker Program 2020-2021
Canadian Club of Halton proudly presenting our 35th season.
• Thursday, September 24, 2020 – Anna Porter, OC, OOnt – Writer, Publisher, Consultant – In Other Words: How I Fell in Love with Canada One Book at a Time
• Thursday, October 22 – TBD
• Thursday, November 19 – Jill Heinerth, FRCGS – Explorer-in-Residence, Royal Canadian Geographical Society; Underwater Photographer; Author of Into The Planet: My Life as a Cave Diver
Location: Oakville Conference Centre, 2515 Wyecroft Road (QEW & Bronte)
Registration/Cash Bar 6:00 pm; Dinner 7:00 pm
Members $40; Non-Members $50